If you are building your own chassis or upgrading to King Shocks on your existing vehicle you will need to know some technical information before you place your shock order.
NOTHING RIDES LIKE A KING.
The Pure Race series have unique materials and design features to withstand blistering temperatures up to 450 degrees and the immense forces encountered by the fastest competition only vehicles. Every aspect of these shocks has been optimized to deliver brute strength, unparalleled performance and precision adjustability.
In our download area you will find the King Shock Technology product catalog with a large selection of Pure Racing Series shock absorbers.
King Shock Technology also offers custom-made shock absorbers – specially built for your requirements.
BASIC INFORMATION FOR CUSTOM-MADE SHOCK ABSORBERS :
- The suspension will need to be cycled from full extension to full compression so usable suspension travel (including articulation on straight axle applications) can be measured.
- You will need to determine the desired ride height, which is measured from the lowest point on the chassis to level ground.
- You need to determine the location of the ride height in relation to the suspension travel. It’s common to set the ride height at mid-travel but you can increase droop by sitting lower than the mid-point or conversely increase up-travel by sitting above the mid-point of travel.
- The weight of the vehicle will be needed to help determine spring rate. If you have access to wheel scales you can check each wheel separately.
- Is the vehicle front engine, mid engine or rear engine? What is the front to rear weight ratio?
- What size tires are you using?
- What are your track width and wheelbase dimensions?
- What speeds will you be running? What type of terrain will you encounter? The more detail you can provide the easier it will be to design your shocks.
The more detailed you make the information, the easier it will be to design and manufacture your shock absorbers.
Please order with the required specifications at email@example.com